Laquita Brooks, CEO of A Multi-Million Dollar Real Estate Agency Encourages Entrepreneurs To Have A Vision and To Challenge Yourself
In today’s market, there are many who desire to earn millions very fast. Most of the coaches that claim to teach the required skill-set have not run successful companies themselves. Laquita Brooks not only ran one successful business which generates over a million dollars a year, but she runs multiple high earning businesses: A Multi-Million Dollar Real Estate Agency (with a focus on rehabilitation), A national logistics company (with FedEx as one of her top clients), a Trucking company and a successful coaching program. Currently residing in New Orleans, LA, Laquita is a sort-after speaker, facilitator, and coach.
We Empower Magazine got an exclusive interview with Laquita.
Tammy Reese: In what way have you generated multiple streams of income during the pandemic?
Laquita Brooks: I am and have always been a firm believer in creating multiple streams of income. Having many skills and businesses, I have had to divide my time among my multiple businesses which include:
1. Real Estate Investments. Many property owners were unable to pay their mortgages which made an opportunity for me to buy their properties and restore them to a better value and sell for a profit.
2. Federal Express Contractor. As many people were unable to leave out their homes due to mask mandates and stay-at-home orders, there became a major surge in e-commerce orders as consumers shopped online. The pandemic was the driving force to a significant amount of revenue during this time which resulted in high demand for delivery and packaging services.
3. Business Coaching. More people were willing to learn and be coached for accelerating new opportunities as we all adjusted focus on what the new world was throwing at us.
Tammy Reese: Please tell us about your businesses?
1. Real Estate Investor – I actively and passively invest in foreclosures, tax properties, and flipping investment opportunities.
2. Federal Express Contractor – Owner of package and delivery business which provides opportunities for me to hire employees and make a major impact in the world of delivery.
3. Motivational Speaker- I provide inspiration and encouraging unilateral dialogue that is applied to life situations.
4. Business Coaching- As a coach, I motivate my clients, while making them accountable to reinforce new paradigms and transition awareness to action.
Tammy Reese: Is it difficult to start a business with no capital? Why or why not?
Laquita Brooks: Depending on the business, it could be a challenge to start a business without capital. However, the more resources that you have, the less money you will need; you will need more than just cash flow. Having experience in the business is a major resource in itself. If selling a tangible product, you would need capital; if you are offering knowledge or a skill, you are less likely to need capital.
Tammy Reese: What if someone wants to start a business has no experience in the industry they are in now?
Laquita Brooks: Being an entrepreneur starts with a passion that is turned into profit. If you would like to start a business that you have no experience in, do your homework and hire a coach. My analogy to this is “Start off serving the water in the room, to get in the room to get the knowledge that you need.”
Tammy Reese: How do you use your resources to empower others?
Laquita Brooks: Empowering people starts with engaging others in what I love to do that will help them. I started my coaching business because there was a need for people to be heard and understood. Some people do not have the capital or resources to finish their projects- often times I allow them in my world to assist them with monetary efforts or a listening ear to bounce off their ideas.
Tammy Reese: What else would you like for our readers to know about the work that you do?
Laquita Brooks: My assignment on earth is helping people to make a proper transformation into the world that
they would like to see. I started my career as a hairstylist, I transformed my clients by making their outer beauty match their inner beauty. Being a visionary, when I purchase properties, I already can envision the beauty of what I want the home to transform to for the new homeowner. When I am speaking and coaching, I begin to see the transformation of the mindset which helps them rise to their greatest potential.
Tammy Reese: What advice would you have for aspiring Entrepreneurs?
1. Have a vision;
2. Challenge yourself
3. Face your fears
4. Map out a plan and a strategy
5. Take action.
Keep up-to-date by connecting on Instagram @mrsbusinesswoman